An eyebolt for metal work is a type of hardware that is used for attaching netting, ropes, cables, or other rigging to metal surfaces. It consists of a circular ring at one end, which is passed through a hole in the metal surface, and a shank that is threaded at the other end. The shank can be screwed into a nut or other type of fastener to secure the eyebolt in place. They are commonly used in construction, industrial, and commercial settings for a variety of applications, including attaching netting to metal structures.
When using an eyebolt for attaching netting to metal surfaces, it's important to ensure that the metal surface is strong enough to withstand the weight and forces that will be applied.
The process of attaching netting to metal surfaces using eyebolts involves the following steps:
1. Determine the location where the netting will be attached and mark the points on the metal surface.
2. Drill holes into the surface at the marked points.
3. Insert the eyebolts into the holes and tighten the shank with a nut or other fastener.
4. Attach the netting to the ring end of the eyebolt.
5. If the netting is expected to be exposed to wind or other forces, make sure that the material is tensioned and that the attachment points are distributed along the perimeter of the netting.
6. Check the tightness of the eyebolts and the tension of the netting periodically to ensure that everything is secure.
It's important to regularly check the anchors for any signs of wear or damage over time.
With the exception of Netting and Bulky Items, all our products are shipped on a 2-3 days service. Next day and Next day AM options are also available, For full details click on delivery information.